Prior to our most recent update, we required our users to manually download each individual desktop plugin according to which desktop software packages you use. That method was time consuming for you, our users, and redundant for us because we had to support so many different installers. Now, no matter which of the eight supported desktop software programs you use, you can plug in to Konstru with just one download and install. Here’s a short video to show you how the process of downloading and installing Konstru plugins works.
Step By Step Instructions
If you’re already logged in to Konstru, click on “Get Plugins” from the menu at the top of your screen. Clicking there will take you to a page that shows our list of supported desktop software applications and the supported versions of those applications.
- Click “Download Plugins Installer”, which will download konstru.exe, which is the installer application.
- Once the installer is downloaded, run the application from your menu bar (or wherever you store your downloaded files)
- The Konstru installer looks for the supported desktop software applications that you have installed already.
- Click “Next” to install the Konstru plugins, and you will see that Konstru has found which supported software packages you have installed.
- Konstru will install only the plugins for the software that you have on your computer. If you don’t want to install a certain Konstru plugin, you can uncheck that program from the checklist.
- Click “Next” to install the checked plugins on your computer.
- Click “Finish” once the installer is done.
Plugins for Software that Konstru Supports
That’s All! Now you are ready to upload your first model and version to Konstru. We currently support the following desktop BIM modeling and analysis programs:
Our users told us that the previous method of installing the plugins one by one was inefficient and inconvenient, so we changed that process to give you a better experience. Do you use another software package to model your BIM data? Let us know, and we’ll add it to our roadmap of plugins that we offer.